Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Troubleshooting iCloud account with all my devices.

I wanted to have all my devices under the same iCloud account. My iPad mini and iPhone 4 are both under the same iCloud account, with the address ending in @mac.com, but not my Macbook Pro. When setting up Mountain Lion on my Macbook Pro I was prompted to enter a new email address under my mac account, which I did, with a email address ending with @email.com. This changed the name of my mac account name to the address ending with @email.com. This made it confusing to get all my devices under the same iCloud. As my iPhone and iPad were both still under the @mac address.

My iPhone and iPad iCloud login being under @mac.com and my Macbook Pro being under @email.com despite both addresses originating on the same account.

In an attempt to have my iPhone and iPad be on the same page as my Macbook. I've tried deactivating the iCloud accounts on my mobile devices with the account listed still being the original email address ending with @mac.com; insisting that the information I entered for confirmation was wrong. The same goes for restoring the mobile devices.

How could I get around this to have all my devices under the same iCloud account. Or am I just missing something random that I haven't tried?

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 2:05 AM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2013 2:25 AM in response to theyhaveways

And what happened exactly when you tried? Nothing will have changed unless you explicitly changed it.

Look in the iCloud settings on your two mobile devices and check what AppleID you are signed in with on those devices. Check that you can log in at iCloud.com in Safari on your Mac using the same AppleID and that all your data is there. Then log in to iCloud on your Mac in System Preferences.

That should be all there is to it.

Oct 4, 2013 3:02 AM in response to dU2mDUifydkRa0E9ic5A

What happened when I tried that was that my information was not accepted.

I cannot login to iCloud.com on Safari with the account listed on my two devices.

When I try to login with the AppleID my mobile devices have listed I'm informed my informtion is not correct. This is not me entering a incorrect password because when I try to login with the AppleID name to the email address I was prompted to enter when I setup Lion which ended in @email.com, I am able to login with the same password I had with the previous account name which ended with @mac.com.

This applies to when I attempt to login to iCloud via System Preferences.

When I set up Lion I changed my AppleID account login name from one email address to the other. I can't simply login with the one my devices use on my Mac because that ID name was changed to a different one. I cannot change the one my devices use because they cannot recognize that I changed the name of the ID.

Troubleshooting iCloud account with all my devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.