Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a deskjet 1050A printer and scanner. The printer will copy showing scanner is functioning too. The printer is recognised over the USB cable and will print. However from Hewlett Packard (HP) software and Image Capture the session fails to open?

I bought a Deskjet 1050A printer and scanner. The printer will copy showing scanner is functioning too. The printer is recognised over the USB cable and will print. However from Hewlett Packard (HP) software and Image Capture the session fails to open?

What could be wrong with the Mac operating system?

I have had technical support for the past 4 hours with HP and it is my Mac operating system..

Any thoughts would be welcome

Jo

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), What's wrong with Operating System?

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 5:51 AM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2013 12:01 PM in response to Josofar

Hi Josofar

I understand you are unable to open Image Capture and HP Software.

Repairing disk permissions is actually something that can fix a lot of problems that can come up on a Mac. To Repair Disk Permissions: Open Finder. Search for and open Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens, select the drive with the OS installed. Click on Repair Disk Permissions.

If you have any further issues please let me know.

I bought a deskjet 1050A printer and scanner. The printer will copy showing scanner is functioning too. The printer is recognised over the USB cable and will print. However from Hewlett Packard (HP) software and Image Capture the session fails to open?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.