Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 has died wont charge and keeps flashing the apple logo

since updating to ios 7 my phone died about 2 days after i installed it and i restored the phone and thought this had fixed the problem only for it to die again now it flashes the apple logo on the screen while charging can someone please help me with this as im trying everything and nothing seems to work

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 6:56 AM

10 replies

Feb 26, 2014 6:45 PM in response to almamaried

Put your iPad/iPhone in DFU mode and then do a restore.

1) Plug iPad/iPhone into mac with USB cable

2) Power off the iPad/iPhone

3) Hold Power button for 3 seconds

4) Keep holding Power button and also press home button, hold for 10 seconds

5) Keep holding Home button and let go of power, hold another 10 seconds

iTunes should then show your iPad/iPhone is in recovery mode. The screen of the iPad/iPhone should be black. If you see the picture of the cable and iTunes you are in recovery mode not DFU.

Mar 26, 2014 11:30 PM in response to CarlAVII

3rd time its happened on my Iphone 5 now how can it be possible i never had any issues with my phone untill the new IOS update now every time it runs out of battery the Apple logo just keep flashing when i put it in the charger its very clear by the number of threads around this subject that a LARGE number of people are having this issue how can to restore youre phone be the only solution supplied worst customer experience i have ever experienced for sure the plan for the 5S will be replaced by another brand this is a joke.

Jun 9, 2014 5:26 AM in response to Snnythepopstar

It happen to me from day one that I've bought my phone. This error is actually from Hardware error of the iPhone Battery. I fixed it by replacing the new battery. I waited a long 9 months before I got it fixed.. If you can go to Apple Store, you can demand them to change batt, I guess. But I don't live near apple store.. So I've to replace manually, I think that void warranty.

Jun 27, 2014 6:15 AM in response to revatto

I got my iPhone 5s in May 23 it' June 27th and I have bought 3 chargers and two of them have died. Let me tell you something I DO NOT pull the cord specifically knowing it's an iPhone, they just died on me, now this one you have to try several times for it to charge your phone. What the heck apple you're supposed to be the best in the market. I wish Steve Jobs was alive maybe the cord quality would of been way better >.<

iphone 5 has died wont charge and keeps flashing the apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.