Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio skips and crackles when sending from Macbook Pro to Apple TV via airplay

I use airplay to stream music to my Apple Tv. When using Spotify or Music from my iphone 4s it works perfectly. But no matter what program i'm using on my macbook pro, when it is sent to the apple tv via airplay, it skips and crackles about every ten seconds. Any suggestions, because it's unusable.

Cheers

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 8:23 AM

11 replies

Oct 12, 2013 12:54 PM in response to WolfCastle

Hey Harry,

I was able to get rid of the skipping with apple's help. In my case it was the router... so I just disconnected the coaxial and power cable for like 1 min and plugged it back in and it started to work perfectly again. The tech said that if it continued to be an issue I should get a new router from the ISP. Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any other info.

Nov 17, 2013 11:58 AM in response to davidkralik

I recently bought an Apple Airport Express and it seems to work better now... no skips in audio lately. However the video streaming from my macbook air to my apple tv is still not even close to realtime. I'm not happy with the apple tv but unfortunately I've had it for longer than 15 days so I'm stuck with it. If I could return it, I might consider a chromecast. It's way cheaper and I think it can do everything that the apple tv can.

Audio skips and crackles when sending from Macbook Pro to Apple TV via airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.