Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop the Ken Burns effect on my iPad mini iMovie app?

Can I stop iMovie from using Ken burns effect?

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 8:39 AM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2013 8:42 PM in response to Arturo8450

You activate the set up for the "Ken Burn's Effect" by touching the picture you loaded into the time line. IMovie makes the picture slightly larger than the viewing screen and you pan from one place to another by establishing the end point and the start point... you pinch to zoom in. What ever your start and end.. the Ken's effect moves you from one position to the other.. It seems I can't turn this off... and the zoom doesn't allow for a lot of magnification... at least on the MIni. Even if you try to make both pictures the same... It still seems to dictate the size and makes the picture move a slight bit anyway.

Oct 12, 2015 8:00 PM in response to withouthesitation

ON the iPad mini.

Ken Burns is on by default for Photos in iMovie. In the Project Mode, press "EDIT". When the photo clips appear in the TimeLine, Tap the clip that you

want to modify the "Ken Burns" effect on. In the large Viewing window above the Time Line, notice the Ken Burns enabled/disabled check box.

Toggle the effect by tapping the Check Box.

LB

How do I stop the Ken Burns effect on my iPad mini iMovie app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.