Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How delete template from Pages?

How do I delete a template from pages? I asked Help but ...

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 9:54 AM

There are tons of the same answer if you look on the right in the More Like This window. If you are having problem post back.

13 replies

Oct 4, 2013 11:29 AM in response to Dr. Dave

Pages stores those you created & saved as templates in (your account) > Library > Application Support > iWork > Pages > Templates > My Templates. The user's Library is hidden in Lion & Mountain Lion but it is easy to open. In Finder, hold down the Option key while clicking on the Go menu & your user Library will appear about halfway down the list. Or you can choose Go to Folder from the Go menu in Finder & paste this line in the box:

~/Library/Application Support/iWork/Pages/Templates/My Templates/

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Feb 11, 2014 4:44 PM in response to Peggy

Hi Peggy,

I need some help with this similar issue. Library does not show up when I option-select Go with the finder. I cut and pasted this into the go to folder space and was able to at least delete a template and modify another.

The problem seems to have started when I first tried to modified templates WITHIN the go/library/applicationsupport/iWork/Pages, etc. route. and saved them while in that mode. Now Library doesn't come up anywhere. At least by cut/pasting the line above, I can remove templates. But, things are still not functioning properly.

One thing I noticed. I have three templates in the My Templates folder. Two of them are Pages Applications and the other one is Pages Template under the "kind" portion. Any idea what the heck I've done and how to undo it?

Jonnie

Feb 12, 2014 10:20 AM in response to steppesborzoi

I don't use Lion so I can't be positive, but it may be that the Option-clicking the Go menu doesn't work in Lion.

First, my recommendation is to upgrade to Mountain Lion if you can or go back to Snow Leopard. Lion was a very poor product & I, for one, moved on to Mountain Lion as soon as I could. If you can't do that, try Mountain Tweaks to enable the user Library.

User uploaded file

Feb 13, 2014 3:10 PM in response to Peggy

I will do the upgrade fairly soon.

In the process of working in Pages/Templates I've learned that what has happened is this:

When I "unlocked" through the previously available option go-library-etc. pathway, somehow it didn't relock.

Now, when I create any Pages document and save it, it automatically saves it as a template! So, I have to watch every document and deliberately seek other locations to save the document or it ends up as a template.

Then, I cut and paste your ~library/etc. series and drag it to the trash.

Wish I knew how to get in there and LOCK the blasted Library again. Then it might show up in the option/go pathway again.

Thank you Peggy! You've been helpful. At least now I know what to watch for and how to fix it when it throws something into My Templates without my intention!

Dec 15, 2016 2:43 PM in response to Peggy

Hello I have a late 2016 MacBook and followed the instructions but there is no iWork folder.

I would have added this to another thread as a question and saw the reprimands for asking the question which was answered back in 2013. However I do not see a more recent thread that applies a solution to the invisible or no iWork folder as an issue unless someone can point me there.

Dec 15, 2016 4:43 PM in response to jello2014

If you have read the posts here, you will find us asking over and over again what version of Pages you are talking about.

This thread, as was stated is an old one and applies to Pages '09.

Telling us what computer you have does not tell us what software you are using.

It sounds like you probably have Pages 5 or 6 in which case you can select the template in the Template Chooser, right click on it and choose Delete. That answer is in your Pages > Help.

Peter

How delete template from Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.