Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the issue when computer locks up and tons of crazy colored pixels are all over the screen?

what is the issue when computer locks up and tons of crazy colored pixels are all over the screen?

this keeps happening to my MacBook Pro, and I even have a brand new hard drive. I had to boot 4 times today to get it to even run at all.

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 10:29 AM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2013 10:33 AM in response to JBBcalif

What you describe is usually indicative of either a bad GPU (most likely) or a bad screen (less likely).

The only way to know for certain what the problem may be you should take it into your local Apple Store or an AASP and have them run diagnostics on the machine. If you still have AppleCare, any repair should be free. If you're no longer covered under AppleCare then you can at least get an estimate for the repair.

Just curious - which model MacBook Pro do you have (e.g. "15-inch Late 2011," or "8,2")?

Clinton

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.