Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud add-in for outlook does not load

I have the sync working for calendar and contacts between icloud and Outlook-- but when I close Outlook, the icloud Add-in for Outlook does not load-- the icloud label does not appear on the ribbon at top of Outlook. I must go to File> Options> Add-ins> Manage Com Add-ins--- and manually check iCloud Addin to get it loaded. It will not load at start-up automatically as it should.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 3:06 AM

I struggled with this but found the answer. You need to set the LoadBehaviour property in the Registry to 2 (Load at Start Up).

Run RegEdit

Navigate to here

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Apple.DAV.addin]

LoadBehaviour will probably be sitting at 0. Double click that to open, change it to 2 and you're done.

Open Outlook, the Add-in will probably still be inactive. MAke it active, close Outlook, open it again and it should work...

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2014 3:06 AM in response to marcwhaley

I struggled with this but found the answer. You need to set the LoadBehaviour property in the Registry to 2 (Load at Start Up).

Run RegEdit

Navigate to here

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Apple.DAV.addin]

LoadBehaviour will probably be sitting at 0. Double click that to open, change it to 2 and you're done.

Open Outlook, the Add-in will probably still be inactive. MAke it active, close Outlook, open it again and it should work...

Oct 19, 2015 11:22 AM in response to nextraterly

This is the only thing that worked for me thanks for the info.

I have recently installed Outlook 2016 (on Win 8.1) and found the hard way that icloud won't sync. I rolled back to Outlook 2013 then had all sorts of trouble trying to get it to sync, deleting and re-installing icloud 4.1 didn't work and deleting the outlook icloud add in and re-installing also didn't work. This registry fix does so thanks very much - you have saved even more hours of endless combinations!

Apr 26, 2016 5:38 PM in response to lsroop

Isroop

This is what I did to fix the issues. I closed out of everything including icloud, shutting down icloud. Then I uninstalled bonjour from the uninstall program menu. Then I uninstalled icloud through the uninstall program menu. Then I download a new version of icloud, attempted to install it, reboot, uninstall it, reboot, then install it and reboot. For some reason I had to install and uninstall it this way. This is what solved the issue for me. I did this on two different computers. I probably can cut out a step, but this is what worked for me.

Make sure you reboot the computer in between each install/uninstall.

Apr 27, 2016 6:59 PM in response to nextraterly

I just recently got a new hp laptop with Windows 10 and Outlook 2016, I'm a musician and teacher, I probably know enough on pc's to be dangerous, but for the last few weeks I have been struggling with this Outlook to iCloud inter-working, driving me nuts and I was about ready to toss it all and beg for more money to get an apple, but this advice (and I even managed to sort it myself) has worked and I haven't had a problem since (knock on wood!)

Thanks so much for this, you're a star in my books!

icloud add-in for outlook does not load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.