Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon iP2700 (connected to MacbookPro-MacOS X 10.8.5) printing blank pages when printing from Windows 7

Guys, please help me with this one. I tried to print in Canon iP2700 (connected to MacbookPro with MacOS X 10.8.5) but its printing blank pages when printing from Windows 7 PC. But its working fine when i'm printing directly from my macbookpro. I'm using the latest version of Bounjour Printer Software to connect with the said printer when printing from Windows 7.

I also tried to connect the printer in my Windows 7 PC using the usual "\\computername\printername" setup but it cannot detect the Canon iP2700 and keeps on giving me an error that the printer cannot be located but its detected when i'm using the bonjour software. The only problem is that it's printing blank pages (when i'm using bonjour).

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 12:23 PM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2013 10:54 PM in response to angelprone926

angelprone926 wrote:

I also tried to connect the printer in my Windows 7 PC using the usual "\\computername\printername" setup but it cannot detect the Canon iP2700

This is Windows SMB syntax. It doesn't work on OS X.

The blank pages suggest a driver issue. Where did you get the driver for Windows? Is it the inbox driver (ie the driver that is included with Windows 7) or did you download the driver from Canon and then run the installer?

If you connect the iP2700 USB to the Win7 box and create a new printer, does this print okay?

Oct 4, 2013 11:18 PM in response to PAHU

Hi Pahu! Yeah i've done that SMB syntax in windows.

I already installed the latest driver of the printer both in windows and mac. And it's also working properly when i'm printing directly either from macbook or windows pc. The only problem is that when i'm trying to print from windows pc through the network (wi-fi connection), it's printing blank. Right now the printer is connected to the macbook pro.

Oct 9, 2013 4:16 AM in response to angelprone926

Hi. Have the same problem. Old Macbook as print server with OS X 10.7.5 and two shared printers Canon iP2700 and MF3010. Printing from my another Macbook Air works great. But if I print something from my another laptop with Windows 7 I receive black pages. Printing on MF3010 works great, so I don't know why and trying to find solution.

Nov 24, 2013 8:40 PM in response to angelprone926

I found this while looking for a solution to what I believe is the same problem I was having.

I did end up getting this to work.

Here is a step by step:

1) Make sure your mac is set up for printer sharing in system preferences -> sharing

2) Install bonjour print services on your Windows computer

3) Run "Bonjour Printer Wizard"

4) Select your cannon Ip series @ mac from the list

5) DO NOT finish the wizard, instead select "back"

6) Select "Generic" and "MS Publisher Color Printer" from the list of drivers

7) Finish the wizard

8) Print!

Everything should work fine as mine did. I beleive the cause for this issue is driver related. Drivers are already installed on the mac for this printer so I beleive it causes a conflict if the windows machine also uses those drivers.

Hope this helped 🙂

Canon iP2700 (connected to MacbookPro-MacOS X 10.8.5) printing blank pages when printing from Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.