Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the language after restoring my iPhone?

I just received my iPhone 5s. I unlocked my iPhone 4S and I'm giving it to my daughter. I restored it to original factory settings, but when it starts up, the language is not English. It appears to be Swedish. How can I cnange the language before the iPhone is even set up? Thank you.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 1:32 PM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2013 4:09 PM in response to americanuck

Thank you for the responses. I knew how to change the language through Settings. My problem is I can't get to settings. The restored iPhone's first screen I'd Hello in multiple languages then goes on to set up the network settings, iTunes settings etc. It's these setup screens that are in Swedish and I can't get to the menus. Can I change the language at the initial setup screens?

Oct 5, 2013 3:07 AM in response to americanuck

From memory one of the first questions asked during initial setup is which country are you in. This selection will dictate the language used on the phone.

Failing that, my last suggestion would be to allow the phone to complete the initial setup in Swedish ( perhaps with iTranslate on your other phone if the questions are not obvious ) and then change the language as originally suggested.

Apologies for missing your point initially.

How do I change the language after restoring my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.