Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod smells burnt and is an all white screen and when i do what the youtube videos say to do, it turns black then white again.

So i left my ipod on the table and when i went to go get it, it was black so i clicked the power/sleep button like i always do, but it turned white. all white. so i looked up why it was white and apple said it was an ios problem. but i cant get into my ipod because i cant see anything. so i looked it up on google. a few youtube videos popped up so i watched them and did exactly what they say but it did nothing. I held down the power/sleep button then the home button and it just goes from all white to all black each time. and i started randomly clicking on the screen, and music turned on. Also, my ipod smells burnt. idk if the sun was on it and it got over heated, but its weird. It was just sitting on the table for like an hour and a half. So anyways, the music turned on.. so i held down the power button and slid where the slid off would normally be and the music stopped and the screen turned black. so idk if the screen just is blind or what. but i cried becasue i dont have the warrenty. I got the ipod this last Febuary and its never done anything like this. Im really scared for my ipod because i love it. so please if anyone can help... please also i restored it and it loaded fine then when i went to turn it on, i heard the "turn on" noise but the screen was all white. I also before restroing, i tried turning it into DFU mode or something like that..

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 2:33 PM

I think it is fried.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

2 replies

My ipod smells burnt and is an all white screen and when i do what the youtube videos say to do, it turns black then white again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.