Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP 4620 set up

How do I set this up to work without pulling my hair out? Time Capsule and wifi.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 3:52 PM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2013 5:16 PM in response to flxible

As you are aware the HP Officejet 4620 multifunction printer is not Network-Ready. That means you would need to connect it your Time Capsule (TC) via a USB cable. One important thing to understand when connected by this method is that the TC will NOT support this printer's scan, fax, or copy features ... only printing.

With that said, you would connect this printer to the TC's USB port, and use the AirPort Utility to configure it to be shared on your network. Please check out the following Apple Support article for additional information. Also, if you run into trouble, this Apple Support printer troubleshooting article should help as well.

Finally be sure to download and install the latest printer drivers for this printer for your Mac and any other computer you will be using to access it.

Dec 22, 2013 2:56 AM in response to flxible

Got it! To connect HP Officejet 4620 multifuction printer, you go in to Airport tools, mark the Time Capsule and go in to Basestation -> Add WPS printer.

On your printer, press the Wifi-icon and connect using pin. Enter the pin on your computer when it asks for it and press ok on the printer. Works great!

Dec 11, 2014 2:24 PM in response to MedalMill

1. Connect your Mac to the printer via a USB cable.

2. Open the HP Utility (I had 2, one in the HP Folder in Applications and another in the Utilities Folder in Applications).

3. From the HP Utility, select the device "Officejet 4620 series".

4. Select Network Settings and then Wireless Setup Wizard.... *** This might be a little different because I an writing these notes after I completed the setup and it looks a little different now that the printer is setup. I had to go to "Other Settings" and then "Additional Network Settings". The "Additional Network Settings" page I am looking at now is a bit more advanced and looks to be connecting to a setup page inside the printer. This would not have been available prior to the first setup.

HP 4620 set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.