Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sound

I noticed that my sound is not working (Youtube, etc). I can hear the normal sounds, keyboard, volume, etc. I have checked everything I can think of in Utlities, but no success. Any solutions?

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 5:05 PM

8 replies

Oct 5, 2013 7:11 AM in response to Motib

I'm also finding that for some reason all YouTube videos are Muted when they are first opened. Can't say for sure why, most likely because YouTube has changed something.

Again, try hovering your mouse pointer over the speaker on the bottom of the YouTube panel and adjust the volume slider up.

User uploaded file

For more on the problem, see > YouTube volume issue - Google Search

Oct 5, 2013 7:27 AM in response to Motib

The volume slider on youtube has an XUser uploaded file by it and therfore no option to increase volume. The strange thing is that this is happening on my mbp running 10.8.5 and now also on my imac running 10.7 but is okay on my wife's macbook running 10.6. I don't think it is a user setting as I am not signed in to a browser and have reset the browser settings anyway. The problem is on all broweser chrome, safari and firefox. As mentioned I have reinstalled flash.

sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.