Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube Videos and others won't play on iPad mini after upgrade to iOS 7.0.2, any suggestions?

I upgraded my iPad mini to the iOS 7.0.2 software and now videos (YouTube, USA Today, etc) won't play. I have already done a restart (holding down the menu button and on button) and eern after restart, videos won't play. Any suggestions?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 7:12 PM

7 replies

Oct 5, 2013 12:18 PM in response to Piver

reset all settings: settings/general/reset/reset all settings

back up and restore that david mentioned is the next step if the reset all settings doesnt work:

plug device into updated itunes on pc, go to the phone's summary page in the itunes, click back up now, after thats done click restore iphone.

Oct 6, 2013 6:27 AM in response to zelous

I reset all settings and now videos from USAToday play, but YouTube videos do not play. Although I have backed up, I am not ready to do a restore because I am not sure what all that involves getting my iPad back to it's current state. Thanks for the help on the reset settings though!

Oct 8, 2013 11:40 AM in response to Piver

when u do a restore it deletes off everything on the device, including software. then it reinstalls the software from a new download package. this will ensure ur device isnt getting the same glitch in its system that ur current software has if that is the issue. when u restore from the backup u made AFTER uve done the 'restore ipad' that will put all of ur stuff back onto the ipad. i would suggest deleting off the youtube app b4 doing the back up and then readding it after the restore and restore from back up phases. if all of that doesnt work, youtube is the one with the problem and u should contact them.

YouTube Videos and others won't play on iPad mini after upgrade to iOS 7.0.2, any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.