13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2013 1:00 PM by Arturo8450
Arturo8450 Level 1 Level 1 (120 points)

I Bought My iMac and set it up and now I can't save anything! Help!

• gail from maine Level 6 Level 6 (15,455 points)

Hi Arturo,

What application are you trying to do a "Save" in? When you say you can't save anything, exactly what is happening?

Cheers,

GB

• Matt Clifton Level 7 Level 7 (29,715 points)

What do you mean, you can't save anything? You need to be more specific. What application are you working in? Where are you trying to save, and what happens when you try?

Matt

We aren't being "catty" are we? (maybe copy cats?)

GB

• Arturo8450 Level 1 Level 1 (120 points)

What happening is that whenever I Try To Save anything like pictures, documents, any thing that can be saved or downloaded it saves the file then when ever I shut it down it completely erases everything

Again, we need specifics not general descriptions.

Provide a specific example of a particular application you are trying to save to (Application name), how you are attempting to do the Save, what you see after you do the Save, where you are saving it, and where you are looking when you turn your computer back on after shutting down.

GB

This is any application. it Just Does that  

Okay let's say I'm saving a Word Doucument In Microsoft Word I click save as and it saves to my documents folder. I can access it only when my computer is still logged in and saved, but when I shut my Mac Down The File I created dissaperd and not there anymore

When you log into the computer, are you logging in as a guest? A guest account will delete everything in the home folder when you shut down.

Matt

There's only one account on my iMac And its me so I'm An Administrator 

There could be a few things we can check, but honestly, if you just bought the Mac, I would strongly recommend you call Applecare (telephone support is free for the first 90 days) and have them help you - they can check out your Mac remotely and see what's going on.

If you do get it fixed, it would be great if you could come back and post what the solution was.

best

Matt

Okay so I called AppleCare And they Looked At Mac And Told Me That There Was A Program intstalled That Was Called Deep Freeze And It Kept Deleting All My Files And They told me to Unistalled the program and I Found out that the program that keeps deleting Needs A Username And Password to Unistall but the part I don't know is how it got on my mac in the first place

Did you buy this computer new from Apple, or from somewhere else?

If you haven't yet done a lot of work with it, I would be strongly inclined to reinstall the system from scratch. Erase the hard drive using Disk Utility when you boot to the installer (hold down cmd-R as you boot up), and install from there.

Matt

I bought it at Best Buy. The problem is that its the new models of the iMac so It doesn't have a DVD Drive so how can I do it with out A Install Disk