Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari missing images

A couple of weeks ago I started to have problems with Safari not loading images on websites i visit often (sonyalpharumors, wunderground).

It became quite frustrating so I would empty cache, clear history etc, & that seemed to work for 30 mins or so & then images started missing again.

Then it also started happening on my computer at work, also running 10.8.5 & Safari 6.

It happens several time a day & is strangely intermittant - EG: i can visit a site, several images are missing - refresh several times, still missing. Come back 5 mins later & refresh, the images load.

I started using chrome & the same images always load without a problem.

For an example: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/western-pacific/2013/Typhoon-Fitow

The large map & all the small icon maps are missing in safari 75% of the time.

Its happening on 2 seperate computers, which is really weird. What can I do?

SAFARI

User uploaded file

CHROME

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 10:53 PM

16 replies

Oct 5, 2013 12:30 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

I do have the develop menu activated on both computers, yes.

I have iCloud enabled on my home computer, but I am not sure about the work one. I dont think it is.

- Actually, checking iCloud system prefs now at home & it is activated for contacts, calendar, documents, backtomymac/find - but not for Safari.

- the work computer uses a different Apple ID to my home account, if that is useful to know. They are totally seperate computers & I dont share any of the same accounts on either.

Oct 5, 2013 1:27 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Disable Images is not ticked.

Anyway, its only some images on a page, not all & its not always, its intermittant.

On a related note - I got the email informing me you replied about "disable images", I cannot see your reply in this thread. It only shows me the first 3 comments on this page. I have refreshed the page, gone back to the main forum & come back here again - I still cant see your reply.

Some strange caching issue?

Oct 5, 2013 10:32 AM in response to Riquez

From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences Extensions

Turn all extensions OFF and test. If the problem is resolved, turn extensions back ON and then disable them one or a few at a time until you find the culprit.

If you wish, you may be able to salvage the errant extension by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Its settings will revert to their defaults. If the extension still causes a problem, remove it permanently or refer to its developer for support.

Oct 7, 2013 8:14 PM in response to Linc Davis

It was set to 192.168.0.1 which is local router IP, for both computers. Using OpenDNS seems to have fixed the issue.

However, this problem turned up about a month ago & previously both computers were fine. The DNS could have contributed, but I thin it must have been a recent OS X or Safari update which has caused the conflict.

Safari missing images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.