Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Apple ID asked at App Store Updates

Dear Apple Community,

I have a really strange issue on my friends' iPhone. I had to create a backup on my MacBook Pro, because her WiFi was broken and we tried to fix it by resetting the iPhone. Now we have the problem that the App Store Updates ask my Apple ID's password. This even while he is logged in with his Apple ID at the Setting 'iTunes & App Store' and the App Store application shows his Apple ID at the highlights.

Our solution tries:

- Logout at Settings, iTunes & App Store

- Logout at App Store App

- Restart the iPhone while unlogged and then login

- Restart the iPhone while unlogged and then downloaded a new app by tapping in his Apple ID

After all his iPhone still asks my Apple ID's password for his updates. Finally his apps have this new iOS 7 blue dot at the apps, which the App Store still wants to update.

In advance I thank you for any help!

Yours sincerely,

Marc Steffen

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2, 32 GB (Black)

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 3:01 AM

Hi,

You should be logged on as her account in your computer iTunes before restoring it, as it will be associated in the restore process to that account.

After that, you can go back to your account and work as usual.

Edit: that should explain the process better than I

iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4627

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2013 3:01 AM in response to Stema001

Hi,

You should be logged on as her account in your computer iTunes before restoring it, as it will be associated in the restore process to that account.

After that, you can go back to your account and work as usual.

Edit: that should explain the process better than I

iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4627

Wrong Apple ID asked at App Store Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.