Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp won't allow me to install windows 7 32bit

hello everyone,

so i am having quite a big problem at the moment. i almost tried everything but it seems like my mac won't let me install windows 7 32 bit.

first i tried to do it with the install disc but for somehow my mac keeps ejecting it but other discs run fine. now my macbook has no problem with it so i put it in firewire mode and tried to run the disc from there and just make the partition myself. so i partitioned by disc with (fat) but when i try to run the windows disc in boot mode it says there aren't any bootable devices. also i am unable to see my partition in the boot mode but it does show up on my desktop. now after some research on the internet i tried to make an .iso image from the disc and put it on a usb and my desktop, now bootcamp won't recoqnise it and it also doesn't have this 'make a install disc from .iso image' or something in that direction. so i am really stuck at the moment, the only solution i can think of is downgrading my bootcamp to bootcamp 4 so i do have this iso image option. it is really frustrating 😝

help is appriciated.

best regards,

stan

(sorry for no caps my caplock button is brooke)

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 2:15 AM

3 replies

bootcamp won't allow me to install windows 7 32bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.