Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning photos

Can aperture remove unwanted parts of a photo, people, objects etc?

iMac 24" 3.06, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 8:56 AM

Aperture is not really designed for do those types of modifications to an image.

You can get rid of small objects, say a soda can floating in water, using the clone brush but larger structures and people will be really hard if not impossible.

For those types of modifications you really need a true image editor like PS or GIMP a free image editor much like PS. There is also Pixelmator in the Mac App Store. It's $15 US and has gotten good reviews though I've never used it myself.

regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2013 8:56 AM in response to oldmovieguy

Aperture is not really designed for do those types of modifications to an image.

You can get rid of small objects, say a soda can floating in water, using the clone brush but larger structures and people will be really hard if not impossible.

For those types of modifications you really need a true image editor like PS or GIMP a free image editor much like PS. There is also Pixelmator in the Mac App Store. It's $15 US and has gotten good reviews though I've never used it myself.

regards

Oct 6, 2013 9:31 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I use Snapheal Pro for this. Works as a plug-in which is a huge deal for me. I can do the same thing in PS or Pixelmator, but with SHP I can just paint over the area, choose the level of rendering accuracy, and... voila, a nice finished product with whatever removed and a really smart algorithm to fill in with the adjacent scenery.

Oct 6, 2013 9:53 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

You can get rid of small objects, say a soda can floating in water,

A great example 😀

I like Inpaint to remove unwanted objects. It does really a great job at replacing objects by a random texture (computed from other parts of the image) that blends in nicely with the background, without any aliasing or other obvious, noticeable artifacts.

Cleaning photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.