Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhoto has dumped all my albums. I have ran and re ran all the repair and re build programs, nothing is working, how to I get my photos back???

My iPhoto has dumped all my albums. I have ran and re ran all the repair and re build programs, nothing is working, how to I get my photos back???

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 4:32 AM

4 replies

Oct 5, 2013 5:43 AM in response to Les1044

Restore from your back up.

Other than that you say that 'iPhoto has dumped" all your albums. What does "dumped" mean? Then you ask how to get your photos back. Are they missing too? Or just the Albums? What about the Library? Then you need to give us a complete list of all you've tried as " I have ran and re ran all the repair and re build programs" is a bit vague. Include the version of iPhoto too.

Oct 5, 2013 5:57 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks Terrence, NOT !!!! What does dumped sound like it means??? If its "dumped" my albums, of course my photo's have gone too. As for the comoplete list of all I have tried, its the list thats available from the trouble shooter. Iphoto was 10.8.2 ..... Nothing was vague, just your reply! Hence my reasons for "dumping" APPLE as it seems to be going bakwards and going back to windows, again, thanks very much for your help ....

Oct 5, 2013 11:39 AM in response to Les1044

Just as an FYI: some people report issues where their albums are missing but their photos remain. Some mention photos going but the albums still present, just not populated.

There is no iPhoto 10.8.2. Perhaps you're referring to the version of the OS you have? Not especially relevant, the version of iPhoto is what's needed here.

I mention this should you seek help in the future.

For me: vague and incomplete would describe your attempt at seeking help. You're too lazy to give an accurate description of your issue, too lazy to tell us what you've tried to repair it - so we don't waste time your time (and ours) making suggestions you've already tried - and when asked don't respond except to abuse the person who tries to help you.

Good luck with your issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.