Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappointed with IOS7, i had organized my music library as per the Genre and now im unable to hear all the songs of the same genre like in the earlier versions. The options of "all albums" and "all songs" are missing in this version of IOS. Help Please..

Disappointed with IOS7, i had organized my music library as per the Genre and now im unable to hear all the songs of the same genre like in the earlier versions. The options of "all albums" and "all songs" are missing in this version of IOS. Help Please..

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 3:53 AM

3 replies

Nov 2, 2013 2:10 PM in response to PRGiri

It would be nice if you told others the steps you've tried and/or how you used to have your setup.

Anyway have you tried tapping MORE User uploaded file this will then bring you to

the selection-list of Audiobooks, Genres, Compilations & Composers.

Selecting Genres gives you a list of all your music split into genres which was set within the Music downloaded via iTunes or uploaded from CD or which you may have set yourself.

User uploaded file

Then you just select the Genre you want:

If certent songs are not correctly gategorised you may need to go into iTunes and reselect via Get-info

>Info>Genre and change it there. That way you should end up with all songs of Jazz or other in 1 place.

Nov 5, 2013 9:44 PM in response to DarkStar

Thanks for the post but thats exactly what you cannot do in IOS7..... It was possible in the earlier versions but not here .... There are only 2 ways to hear all the songs from the same genre in IOS7 ..... One is to use Siri and ask for the genre you want to listen and it allows you to listen to all songs from that genre ..... the second option is to go to search in the music app and type your genre..... and then shuffle all songs ..... these are cumbersome options compared to the straight forward way to just choose your genre and select all songs .... Apple messed this up big time ....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.