Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adobe password

With the recent hacking of Adobe accounts, I received an official looking email asking me to reset my password for my Adobe account. How do I know the email is geniune? Thanks.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 4:30 AM

3 replies

Oct 5, 2013 12:10 PM in response to Niel

I got it too and was surprised because I do not update adobe every time they interrupt me for another update.

And because I do not recall ever having set up a PW for adobe. I have the usual stuff necessary to view youtube, etc, PDFs, etc, but I have not paid for any of their products yet. Last year I did download a trial version of whatever their Photo Shop Elements but decided I needed to get it off my MBA because of the ongoing problems with that computer and not enough storage/memory.

Another thing that has me wondering about this particular email from Adobe today is that a google search did not produce as the first few results any announcement FROM Adobe itself. The link to this thread was the last google hit on the page after I put in "adobe october 5 password hack" or something like that in the google search box.

So anyone know about this?

I am thinking right now that due to the lack of an Adobe announcement via google search that the email itself is bogus, but that doesn't answer the question then begged: HOW did the hacker get my email address?

adobe password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.