Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Event invites from Mail appearing in Calendar as "Maybe" but not showing in Calendar inbox

Hello everyone,

I'm actually new to using invites and Calendar on iPhone, so maybe it's something I'm missing. But when I receive an invitation for an event that was created and sent from another iPhone using Calendar, I am not easily finding the option to "Accept" or "Deny".

The calendar source is a CalDAV server, and all systems are functioning 100% as expected on that end. The calendars are accessible and editable by any device, so I'm pretty sure the issue isn't here.

I would expect the "mime-attachment.ics" received in the email to allow me to reply from that source, or to at least find the invite automatically listed in my Calendar "Inbox". Neither is the case. However, if I go and find the event in the calendar itself, it's sitting there with "hash" marks through the event until I go in and "Accept" or "Deny". At this point, it shows up in my Calendar inbox under the "Replied" section. So, it's definitely making it into my calendar.

Should it not automatically show up in my Calendar inbox under the "New" section from the beginning? Or what about being able to "Accept" or "Deny" straight through Mail? Hopefully I'm not goofin' up here -- but I sure am stumped.

Thanks for any help.

~Laz

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 8:29 AM

There are no replies.

Event invites from Mail appearing in Calendar as "Maybe" but not showing in Calendar inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.