Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp performance 2013 Haswell MBA 13" i5, 256GB SSD

Hi all,

I got a 13" MBA a couple weeks ago, it's the 256 SSD version (The remaining is the base-model: 4gb of ram & i5 Haswell). I like OS X better than windows in pretty much all ways, however due to my study I am going to be needing Windows for a couple of things which either only work on Windows, or a lot better in Windows.

So my question is: will using bootcamp & installing Windows 7 or 8 have any difference on the performance of the MBA? This question must have been covered before, but since the new MBA is only out for a couple of months now, only now people might have noticed any possible differences.

So to sum it up: Will installing & using bootcamp have any influence on battery life, performance, boot up / shut down time or any other influence in any other way? For those wondering how I'll do the partition; I mainly use cloud for a lot of my stuff, I thought of using about 100 gigs for Windows (probably Win 8) and the remainder for mac

Anyone's comment will be appreciated, especially if you're using bootcamp on a 2013 MBA 🙂

Thanks,

Cihad

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 8:43 AM

There are no replies.

Bootcamp performance 2013 Haswell MBA 13" i5, 256GB SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.