Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in headphones mode since iOS 7

My iPad Retina has been stuck in headphones mode ever since I updated to iOS 7.02. I see all the advice about blowing dry air into the headphones jack or plugging / unplugging headphones 7-8 times, etc, none of which work. Also, holding down the power and home keys doesn't seem to work the same way it used to.

I should also mention that if I go to settings, sounds, and choose a new opening or alert sound, it momentarily forgets it is in headphones mode, and plays through the speaker.

Is anyone else stuck in headphones mode since 7.02 or it it just me?

Any ideas how together out?

John

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 10:14 AM

1 reply

Stuck in headphones mode since iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.