Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro screen very sensitive to touch

Hi the other day I noticed that my MacBook Pro retina screen was a bit dusty. So I quickly gave it a wipe down with my microfibre cloth.

I have the screen at almost full brightness in a dark image on the screen.

I noticed that when I applied a tiny bit of pressure on the screen. There was quite lot of pixel distortion, or rappelling.

You know, the effect that you get when you posh down any LCT screen.

I was wondering if my MacBook screen is extra sensitive. I have been used to an old MacBook Pro, with the glass screen and my iPad. With its gorilla Glass.

Maybe it's because the retina does not have any glass, so the screen is very very sensitive to touch.

Anyway be really helpful if you to have a retina MacBook Pro. put he brightness up, And have a dark image on the screen. And very lightly touch and maybe apply a little bit of pressure on the screen. And see if yours is sensitive to. Thank you very much

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 6:24 PM

Yes they are sensitive,the brighter the setting the more you will notice this. You should only clean your screen when the computer is off to avoid causing issues, and all will be fine.

2 replies

macbook pro screen very sensitive to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.