Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to make an .iso image of my Windows 7 Installation DVD in OS X

Greetings,

I am writing because my intent is to make a .iso file of my Windows 7 Installation disc using Disk Utility in OS X. I would like to keep a back up (both in a external drive and the cloud) of the image in case the DVD gets damaged or the SuperDrive goes south in the distant future (call it an insurance if you will). During the last 6 months I have been working in trying to get my application installers (both OS X and Windows) in the cloud as I find them more convinient and less likely to degrade in quality since the digital download does not get "scratched" per se, and downloads can be checksummed to ensure file integrity.

Is there any way in which I can make an .iso image of my Windows 7 DVD using OS X Disk Utility?

Thanks for any assistance on this matter.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 4GB RAM; 500GB HDD; NVIDIA GT 330M

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 11:39 AM

1 reply

I want to make an .iso image of my Windows 7 Installation DVD in OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.