Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From a library of 2,500 songs why does my iPod classic 160GB only sync 555 songs?

From a library of 2,500 songs why does my iPod classic 160GB only sync 555 songs?

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 8

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 11:51 AM

Hi Junie6184,

If only some songs are syncing to your iPod, you may find the following article helpful:

Apple Support: Some songs in iTunes won't copy to iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1420

Regards,

- Brenden

7 replies

Jan 15, 2015 8:57 PM in response to Junie6184

I solved my similar issue once I discovered that the songs I had recently purchased had, as it turns out, not actually been downloaded to my computer, but only placed in iCloud. This for some reason seems to be the default behaviour (I don't remember seeing this explained clearly).

Further, this for some reason renders the songs ineligible for syncing / invisible to the iPod(?)

Once I discovered this, and then took the step of manually downloading the albums to my computer, they became visible to the iPod, and I was able to sync them.

Perhaps this will help some people encountering this frustration/confusion.

Mar 3, 2015 10:58 PM in response to Junie6184

FIXED MY SYNC PROBLEM:

Finally found out why all of my music wasn’t syncing….. After the short sync time, a box would come up stating that there were “errors” when syncing. They were 14 tracks that had been deleted, but were still somewhere in a playlist.

If your getting a sync error message at the end, and there was a problem with some tracks.

• Take a screen shot of the “error” list.
  • Go to your Library, click on Music, then Playlists.
  • Search for and delete each individual track name from the "error" list.
  • Click on iPod and “Sync” again.

Pretty silly that it wouldn't just skip those tracks and sync the rest. Hope this helps.

Jul 25, 2016 3:32 AM in response to amoedimburgo

It may well have been helpful to the original poster nearly three years ago.

Typically unchecked songs are excluded from syncs. iTunes can also only copy across songs that it can locate in the local library. What is synced depends on the selections on the various tabs when it is connected to iTunes. It might be worth reviewing the options on each. Otherwise please explain your particular issue in a little more detail.

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.