Skip navigation

How to cut out static in audio recording?

701 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2013 3:29 PM by Pancenter RSS
Isakale Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 5, 2013 12:47 PM

Hey. I am new to Logic... I would like to record some of my music nicely, but with the equipment I've got, there is some static in the background. I have a Blue Yeti as a microphone and a Scarlett 4i2 as the USB interface between my Mac and my accoustic guitar.

Both of the two produce a bit of unnecessary static or white noise in the background. It's not too bad, but if I can, I would love to get rid of it! It would make it a whole lot more realistic, and clear. Is there anything I can do in Logic to take out some of those noises? I'm not at all sure how the equalizer works, but is there anything I can do with it that might help get rid of these unwanted noises? Any other tips or ideas?

Thanks so much! Very new to recording and would love some tips!

God bless you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)
  • Pancenter Level 5 Level 5 (7,505 points)
    Oct 5, 2013 2:03 PM (in response to Isakale)

Those are both USB devices correct?

You should not be getting static.

It sounds like you're describing digital hash.

First try this.

In Logic's  Preferences/Audio.

Change your INPUT Device to the Scarlett 4i2. (I'm assuming the Output device was already the Scarlett) I realize you can't record this way, but the question is... does your playback sound any different.

There's a couple of other things to try, try one at a time.. let me know how it does with a change of Input device.

• Pancenter Level 5 Level 5 (7,505 points)
    Oct 6, 2013 3:29 PM (in response to Isakale)

Isakale wrote:

Great, I'll give that a try when I get a chance in a few days and let you know! Thanks much for your help!!!

I think what you will end up doing is creating and Aggregate Device using both your Mic and The Scarlett.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.