Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio after unplugging headphones

I have noticed that when using the podcast app if I am listening through headphones, or the aux audio jack in my car and I unplug from the headphone jack I wont have any audio form the podcast app. I have to exit out of it and manually close the app and restart it to be able to listen through the iPhones speaker again. Is anyone else experiencing this proble, and have you found any other solutions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 12:31 PM

4 replies

Oct 5, 2013 3:26 PM in response to TedwardDietrek

I'm having the same issue. This just started yesterday. In addition to it not working when I remove the headphones, it also will shut down when I'm listening to a podcast but open another app or sometimes just periodically while I'm listening. Then when it starts back up, the volume bar disappears and I have to unplug then re-plug in my headphones to get audio. I don't know if this is an app bug or a headphones problem.

Nov 15, 2013 8:05 AM in response to Stlcoplxa39

It's silly but if you look at the progress bar that shows where you are in the podcast, as you remove the headphone cable, you can see it jump back. Dragging it right back forward to where it was--or as close as you can with a finger over the thing you're dragging--resumes the audio.

No audio after unplugging headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.