Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer can playback in camera? No connection w/ computer?

Hi all. I have had an HDR FX1000 for about 2 years now. Never a problem with it. On the 29th of September (last Sunday) I shot a wedding on HDV with the camera. Business as usual, recordings went through, no issues.

Today (one week later of camera non-use) I try to playback the tapes in my HDR FX1000 and I get the normal blue screen which precedes visual playback... but no playback, just more blue screen. The timecode is running like normal, I just cant get any playback. I then connect it to my Mac w/ FCP 7 via FW800... and the computer suddenly doesn't detect the camera (despite restarting like 4 times and trying everything I could think of).

This is kind of like a twilight zone episode going on for me as everything has always worked like normal, the camera was idle for a week untouched, and all of a sudden these problems.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks very much in advance for any assistance.

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 1:27 PM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2013 7:04 AM in response to atmosphere01

First, if you have the camera connected to the computer in playback mode (or whatever setup is usually required on the camera), make sure the computer is seeing the camera on the firewire bus by going to applications: utilities: system profiler and look at the firewire bus.

I'm not familiar with the camera, but some cameras have a system reset option that will restore the camera to factory defaults. Worth a shot.

No longer can playback in camera? No connection w/ computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.