Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hacking

Is there a way to know if my iPhone has been hacked? I discovered that in my Notes application, a list of my email account and corresponding passwords were deleted. It was only that that was deleted, not the rest of the Notes. It also set back the last Save date at least 3 months. Someone in computer forensics told me that this could happen if someone got into my iCloud account. If this is indeed what happened, would upgrading to a new phone get rid of the hack activity?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 1:42 PM

4 replies

Jul 19, 2016 10:14 AM in response to soondoboo

Your PHONE most likely was NOT hacked. Only the NSA or law enforcement probably could hack your phone and that might cost one million dollars, unless you have a gmail account then it might be a little cheaper. They most likely would not do that unless you are a spy or something. Someone probably got your iCloud password. Upgrading to a new phone will not solve the problem unless you want a new phone and you get a new iCloud account AND the hacking was not from law enforcement. Make sure your other accounts have not been hacked as well. The only true fix for multi-attack hacking is to get all of the following at pretty close to the same time: a new service provider, a new phone, a new computer, a new phone number, and a new email. Try just changing your iCloud password first from a secure computer OUTSIDE of your home network, if possible. Leave your phone in a different location when you change your iCloud password so if anyone is using the "find my phone" application to track you, you will not be followed or observed when you change your iCloud password. Use Two-step verification on your email. Use an electronic passoword safe,not a notebook to store your passwords. Never leave your phone unsecured, even around people you trust. Make an unobvious mark on the outside of your phone so you can identify it. Always check your phone by *#06# on the keypad and memorize that number so your can identify your phone. Be aware the NSA can access any of your electronics any time they want and there is not too much you can do unless you are willing to fight it all the way to the Supreme Court which could take years and tens of thousands of dollars. I too, am a hacking victim. I choose the hard way --I choose to keep all of my phone numbers and emails, but it cost thousands of dollars and untold amounts of time and just about drove me, my service providers, the local PD, and a PI insane. Don't do it unless you are extremely tenacious. It's not as easy as one might think. Not too much else you can do unless the government enacts stronger laws on cyberhacking and cyberharrassment. Sign any petition that comes your way to strengthen up cyberhacking laws. When a victim of cyberhacking tells your they are afraid and stressed becaue of it--believe them. The worst thing you can to do a victim of hacking is not believe them.

iPhone hacking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.