3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2013 9:43 AM by randers4
lutra Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I set up Find iPhone on my iPad and would like to also have my husband's macbook included for location. He has a different iCloud account than me. DO I log him out on his macbook and sign myself in or how do I go about this? I am confused ......

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • randers4 Level 9 Level 9 (62,585 points)

You locate devices using Find My iPhone based on the iCloud account the device is signed into.  If the Mac is signed into a different iCloud account than your iPad, simply sign into the iCloud account that the Mac is using on icloud.com or using the Find My iPhone app in order to track it.

• lutra Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you Randers4,

So I can sign in my iCloud account through System Preferences on my husband's mac and then be able to use the Find My iPhone to keep track of my devices and his macbook. How will this affect his iCloud account then, if he is signed out. (He only uses e-mails)

• randers4 Level 9 Level 9 (62,585 points)

You don't need to change anything in System Preferences on his Mac in order to track it.  You track devices using either the Find My iPhone app on an iOS device, or using Find My iPhone on icloud.com.  In either case, in order to track a device or computer, you sign in with the iCloud account that the device or computer is using.  If, for example, you wanted to track his Mac, you would go to http://www.icloud.com, sign in with the iCloud ID that his Mac is using, then click on Find My iPhone.