Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I keep music from a REALLY old iPod mini?

I have a REALLY old ipod mini, 2004 I think, from back in the day when you used to get an itunes CD with your purchase. The computer that held the library for this IPod died a while ago. I am still able to add music, but I want to remove the music that's on it and put it in my current library so I can put it on other devices. I no longer own the CDs so I cant just erase and start over. Will having the ICloud ITunes thing help?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated, I really don't want to go bug the people at the apple store if there is an easy fix.

THANKS!!!!

IPod Mini (1st or 2nd gen)-OTHER

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 2:49 PM

I figured it out!! I needed to use a 3rd party software. I found this link in an archived discussion: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-co mputer/

There is an option on this page that discusses 3rd party software. It gives the Pros/Cons of each, compatability, cost and ease of use. I chose a program called Senuti. I downloaded it, read the instructions, plugged in my iPod and transferred all of my old music to my current library. Worked PERFECTLY!! Hope this is able to solve someone elses problem!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2013 2:49 PM in response to PrettyRedCas

I figured it out!! I needed to use a 3rd party software. I found this link in an archived discussion: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-co mputer/

There is an option on this page that discusses 3rd party software. It gives the Pros/Cons of each, compatability, cost and ease of use. I chose a program called Senuti. I downloaded it, read the instructions, plugged in my iPod and transferred all of my old music to my current library. Worked PERFECTLY!! Hope this is able to solve someone elses problem!

How can I keep music from a REALLY old iPod mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.