Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy Files to folder on network share based on computer name

Hi

I have a large number of Macs that I've inhereted the management of. After a reasnable amount of investigation I've estambilshed that they haven't been syncing the user data back to the server. This is why I'm trying to copy the whole of the user's folder off to a shared folder on a server.

I'm trying to use ARD and a UNIX script to achieve this:

VAR_ComputerName= scutil --get ComputerName
sudo cp -r /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Users/ afp://username:password@ServerName/SharedFolder/Room\ Number/${VAR_ComputerName}/

I'm fairly new to UNIX sripts and so I'm very aware that the above is likely to be very wrong but I need to try and get as much data archived off before the end of the weekend so any assistance would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 2:59 PM

There are no replies.

Copy Files to folder on network share based on computer name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.