Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you reset photo stream?

The default setting in iphoto has pushed my entire photo library to the could. Or atleast attempted to. I stopped it before all 30k pictures were uploaded. The problem now is when I turn photo stream back on in icloud it is trying to download 4,300 pictures. All I want to do is stop this madness and reset photo stream.

I have tried the old way by logging into icloud.com and but the advanced settings in your account are gone.

Please help!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 9:47 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2013 6:50 AM in response to bimmer2000

At the present time you have to delete them from the my photo stream album on your iOS device to remove them from photo stream.

Or just wait 30 days, when the photos will be automatically deleted from the stream servers. After that, just turn off photo stream in settings and back on. This will delete the photos on the device and download whatever is on the server. Of course if you keep adding photos to the stream, that won't work well.

How do you reset photo stream?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.