Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod update failure -

I have just got round to updating an early ipod. I updated the iTunes software first and then connected the ipod for an update - Disaster, the update was attempted and then it all went wrong. I had to go in to recovery mode and then failed too. I now have a useless ipod also tried different PC with an old version of iTunes but still no joy....HELP

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 2:28 AM

Withut knowing the status of the iPod (e.g., what shows oh the screen) all I can suggest is:

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2013 2:28 AM in response to Mack403

Withut knowing the status of the iPod (e.g., what shows oh the screen) all I can suggest is:

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Oct 6, 2013 9:10 AM in response to Mack403

See if you misse anything here:

Restore loop (being prompted to restore again after a restore successfully completes)

Troubleshoot your USB connection. If the issue persists, out-of-date or incorrectly configured third-party security software may be causing this issue. Please follow Troubleshooting security software issues. .

Next try placing in DFU mode and then restoring.

Then try restoring on another computer.

Last, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

ipod update failure -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.