Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem reinstalling Mountain Lion OS! Urgent!

Hey everyone,

I just got a macbook pro from work, i reformatted it because there was alot of useless sutff in it.

WHen i try to reinstall with internet recovery and chosen the mountain lion os it asks me for my apple id and password.

I have created the apple id and password 5 minutes ago and verified it.

When i try to install it says that my apple id is not active...

Could someone help me with this ? Its my first time using apple products and etc and have no idea why it doesnt work.

Any help will be appreciated !!

Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 3:09 AM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2013 6:08 AM in response to Ruslaner

1. Welcome. Glad you came over from the dark side.
  2. I've had some similar issues with installs on my iPhones at times. Perhaps it's when the Apple servers get too busy. I'd just wait a few minutes and try again.
  3. Go online to the Apple ID site and check that you have the ID and password correct. Apple - My Apple ID
  4. If you have any other Apple hardware with this Apple ID (and perhaps a different password), sign out on them.
  5. If none of that works I'd call Apple or go visit your local Geniuses at the Apple Store.

Message was edited by: arthur

Problem reinstalling Mountain Lion OS! Urgent!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.