Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone iOS 7 - Video app crashes/exits

Hi, on an IPhone 5S, running iOS 7.0.2, my 'Videos' app crashes and exits when I delete a movie. When I go back into the app the video has indeed deleted but the crash/exit is a hassle. Any fix for this at all? Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 3:32 AM

30 replies

Oct 8, 2013 2:47 PM in response to DavidA69

Hi there DavidA69,

You may want to try force closing all open apps and resetting the device as an initial troubleshooting step. Take a look at the articles below for more information.

iOS: Force an app to close

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

-Griff W.

Oct 20, 2013 11:45 PM in response to gail from maine

Hmmmm... Let me try to make it clear for you.

1. There is a problem, many of us have it.

2. Apple is NOT acknowledging it, there is no thread where they admit this problem exists.

3. Apple has NOT yet released a fix. The problem has been there since IOS 7.0. We are currently at 7.02.

4. There is no announcement of an update, nor is there any sign that this issue is being fixed or discussed or tackled by Apple in any way. So it has not been "fixed in an update".

Therefore, Apple is in fact ignoring it, and I really wish they did not.

Oct 21, 2013 10:38 AM in response to SCC from NY

What is needed here is a little perspective:

SCC from NY wrote:

Hmmmm... Let me try to make it clear for you.

1. There is a problem, many of us have it.

3. Apple has NOT yet released a fix. The problem has been there since IOS 7.0. We are currently at 7.02.

You may think that "many" of you have this problem, but I doubt seriously that it comes close to the number of people that are reporting problem with Wifi, Messaging, and the ability to actually see what is on their phones or iPads. So, in the scheme of things, this is an annoyance, at best.

Releases that have come out up to this point are addressing critical problems.

2. Apple is NOT acknowledging it, there is no thread where they admit this problem exists.

4. There is no announcement of an update, nor is there any sign that this issue is being fixed or discussed or tackled by Apple in any way. So it has not been "fixed in an update".

At what point in the entire life of iPhones and iOS have you seen a "thread" from Apple discussing issues that they are working on to fix?

At what point in the entire life of iPhones and iOS have you seen an "announcement" of a versioned update?

Why would the lack of either make you draw the conclusion that Apple is "ignoring" it.

You really need to get a grip. Take a look at the longest threads on this site, and you will see where the "real" issues are.

Cheers,

GB

Nov 1, 2013 3:15 AM in response to tmankin

I have done two restores on my ipad where I have noticed this happening:

Immediately after the restore, I have been able to delete one or two tv shows without the video app seeming to crash. (I have not been able to verify if itunes recognizes these deletions during the next sync). After that, the video app crashes 100% of the time after any tv show deletion. Reopening the video app causes the movie menu to appear (not the tv show menu). The deleted tv show does disappear from the menu, but itunes will not recognize any deletions on the next sync and will reload all the content unless i manually hunt and peck to uncheck the shows from the itunes tv sync menu. (This is actually the most inconvenient part of the whole thing, not the initial clumsy crash of the video app upon hitting delete).

Nov 25, 2013 12:21 PM in response to DavidA69

I don't know if anyone has posted a quick fix for this yet, figured I would just in case.

If you can't delete your TV Shows from within the Videos app:

1. Go to settings
  2. Click on Usage
  3. Click on the Videos app usage
  4. Swipe to delete entire series/episode (NOTE: this will delete everything within this series, there is no option to delete a single episode)

Hope that helps out until a fix can be released

iPhone iOS 7 - Video app crashes/exits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.