Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I file a complaint with Apple about a moderator

I understand that the moderators play an important role on the discussion forum.

But is there any oversight of the moderator?

I'd like to file a complaint against a moderator. I posted a polite comment about the way Apple changed it's standard for deleting things from a list (iOS7, delete cities from the Weather App). Apparently, because I said the 6 year standard had been arbitrarily changed, the moderator took it upon himself/herself to delete my post. How insulting! I'm a pretty loyal customer, who's seen every generation of iPhone. Not happy right now.

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 5:33 AM

12 replies

Oct 6, 2013 7:03 AM in response to cwebber1

As Barry suggested, you should review the Terms of Use to which you agreed when you signed up here:

https://discussions.apple.com/static/apple/tutorial/tou.html

I suspect that either section 2, subsection 1 and section 5, subsection 3 could apply here.

If your post was removed for cause, you will have gotten an email explaining why. Check your spam folder. If your post was a reply to one that was removed for cause, you will not be notifed.

Everyone who has been here for any length of time has had a post removed. I agree with Barry. It's no big deal.

Best of luck.

Oct 31, 2013 3:49 PM in response to cwebber1

Grrrr nothing is easy and intuative with/about Apple, how frustrating! It seems the company wants to control your every move. I just received an email quoting my Apple ID and informing me that I had set up iCloud on one device and now I could set it up on another. I NEVER set up iCloud, am not interested in iCloud, will never be interested in iCloud. What gives? Apple tells me one thing then proceeds to do just what it pleases, and goes into hiding behind forums and supposed support communities. Very frustrating.

Feb 15, 2014 8:23 PM in response to cwebber1

I also have the same question. I had a post that I spent time writing only to help people. An apple moderator by the tag name of 'Chris CA' replied to post with loaded questions and obnoxious sarcasm. A few weeks later, I replied with clarification and when he looked foolish, he deleted my entire post. I am ok with a post being deleted for good reason but not for retaliation of a disagreement. When you look at previous replies by this moderator, you see a history of badgering. The problem with that is we are Apple customers. There is a right way amd a wrong way to moderate. I also would like to know where complaints can be sent to. I'm sure they do not have free reign to be rude and condescending towards Apple customers. I don't think Apple would appreciate that.

How do I file a complaint with Apple about a moderator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.