Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp does not see replacement DVD drive in Mac Pro3,1

Recently purchased LG Super-Multi Drive - Mac Pro Kit 24X 5.25" Internal DVD/CD Writer from OWC and installed it in lower DVD drive according to the manuel provided including wire to Sata plug in Mac Pro3,1. A difference is that Top of 2 DVD ports has a faulty drawer door so I have removed the original Apple DVD device from it.

I now have DVD access/play using LG in Mountain Lion with bottom Drive but none at all in Boot Camped Windows 7 or 8 which do not see the SATA drive in lower drawer.

Wondering if there is any fix for this.

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 6:50 AM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2013 6:08 AM in response to ReMacs

My Latest email back & forth with OWC:
________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________
My Mac Pro is 3,1 early 2008. My understanding before purchase was that it would work in Mt. Lion and Windows.

Is there anyone who knows how to make this work?
________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________

This is a very well known issue that was discovered shortly after the 2006 Mac Pro first shipped.

Sincerely,

OWC Andy
________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________

Oct 10, 2013 7:38 AM in response to ReMacs

Answer to my Question.

I am very sorry if you received conflicting information, but there is no known way to allow Windows access to those ports. It was blocked by Apple and they have stated repeatedly that they do not support those ports and will not do anything to update them to function in Windows.

Sincerely,

OWC Andy

Bootcamp does not see replacement DVD drive in Mac Pro3,1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.