Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advice needed on choosing the best SSD for 13-inch macbook 5,1.

I'm thinkning about to upgrade my macbook. It's a late 2008 aluminum version. I want to replace the old HD with a nice SSD. I'm struggling to choose from the following two SSD.

1. Crutial M500 (960G) SATA III 6Gbps

2. Intel dc s3700 (800G)

I can get both of these at similar price around 300pounds just for this 2 days. But I don't know which would work the best on my macbook. Need advice please.

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 7:26 AM

Either will work fine. If you want a comprehensive comparison, take a look at this site:

http://www.ssdreview.com/review/solid-state-ssd/

3 replies

Oct 6, 2013 8:48 AM in response to Eustace Mendis

Thanks for the link, unfortunatly there's no option for intel dc s3700.

After seeing crucial M500's score there, I'm not that empressed. I heard that the Intel dc s3700 (800G) worth over 1000pounds, is it worth it just for the sake of getting the intel at a much cheaper price? I don't know Why I've got the impression that Intel dc S3700 acturallly better than crucial M500.

Advice needed on choosing the best SSD for 13-inch macbook 5,1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.