Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I no longer send mail from my iCloud account using windows live mail?

I use my iCloud email on both my iPad and my pc through Windows Live mail, and I've never had any issues before, but recently I have not been able to send any mail using my iCloud account. I can receive mail fine but not send. I googled the server information and that is set up fine but when I attempt to send mail I get a server 334 error. The windows live mail error Id is 0x800004005. The error is occurring on the SMTP mail server port 587.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

iCloud mail-OTHER

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 8:50 AM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2013 8:55 PM in response to Bluetack45

I am having this exact same problem and just like you it began very recently and only with outgoing mail on my pc.

the ipad email is not effected.

this is NOT a settings problem.

i have never changed them from the time they worked fine.

I am convinced that apple has changed the icloud SMTP server to not permit outgoing mail from a windows device.

Likely to force us to move exclusively to apple hardware.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Oct 9, 2013 2:38 AM in response to J Lewiston

I am also having this problem. I want to continue to use my @mac.com email address from a windows phone (Lumia 820) and a Surface RT. But have stopped allowing me to send.

APPLE please respond and confirm if you are blocking me from using a icloud account with non Apple hardware. If that is the case then I believe you will seriously upset a lot of customers who use mixed environments.

Thanks

Martin

Why can I no longer send mail from my iCloud account using windows live mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.