You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a Beats Pill with AirPlay?

If so, how do I connect it. I love the sound of the Beats Pill and want to add a few throughout my home. If they are compatible, do I have to get an Airport Base Station in each room I want to add the speaker? Not sure how this sll works or what equipment I need to make it work. Thanks for any help you can provide.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 9:38 AM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2013 1:52 PM in response to priester68

You'll need the Airport Express, which I believe is the only one that has the audio out jack. Airport Extreme and Time Machine do not have the audio jack.

But I'm sure there are other devices out there, other than Beats by Dre that have the AirPlay built in that sounds just a good and probably the same price.

I know this is a league of it's own. But I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-53. I also have Mirage speakers. Obviously this isn't a small device like the Beats by Dre. But it does have a nice sound to it.

Google "best airplay speakers". There's a large list that range from $116 to $573. At least this way you don't have to relay on an external device to do the AirPlaying.

KOT

Can I use a Beats Pill with AirPlay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.