Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Hot Running Windows7

I have an older MacbookPro A1211 and I did the Bootcamp install from Lion and then used 32bit Windows7 Prem. I see most of the drivers in the BookCamp drivers disk are 64bit versions. All went ok and there are no alarms in The Device manager but the laptop runs very hot when in windows7 even with nothing going on. Is there a driver for the chipset that saves energy cpu speedstep that did not make it into my system although there are no missing drivers in device manager? I cannot enjoy the Windows partition because the fans gradually go up to full speed.

In Lion the Macbook Pro is quet and cool as expected from Apple.

Thank You,

SCIDave@me.com

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, 32 Bit install in A1211 2007Macbook

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 9:53 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2013 10:00 AM in response to Audioman3d

Your issue is more than likely that when running Windows, Apple is using only the discrete GPU, which will cause your system to run hotter, and to have a shorter battery life. Back when I was still using BootCamp on my MacBook Pro 3,1 (Late 2007 MacBook Pro) I found a utility to run in Windows that would allow me to control my fans to run them more frequently and at higher levels to keep my system cooler. Since I have stopped using Boot Camp, I don't need that utility.

PS, you may want to edit your post to remove your email address. It will likely get harvested by spammers if you leave it for any length.

Macbook Hot Running Windows7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.