Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 11.1.1 Errors occurred during installation...

Errors occurred during installation before Itunes could be configured. Your system has not been modified. To complete the installatoin, run the instaler again. Click Finish to exit the installer. I've tried re installing iTunes 11.1.1 multiple times and I've redownloaded the file. Has this happend to anyone? If so what was the resolution to fix it? Thank You [:

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 10:08 AM

92 replies

Aug 15, 2017 4:57 PM in response to Lord Dunloe

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling it may help to right-click on the setup file and use Run as administrator.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Aug 25, 2017 8:16 AM in response to Galdr

You haven't supplied the error message for us to work with, but typically that roll back during the install behaviour is caused by a failure to uninstall the existing copy of Apple Software Update in preparation for the new installation. Try repairing Apple Software Update from the Programs and Features control panel, then uninstall it before trying to reinstall iTunes. If it won't repair try the MS install & uninstall utility mentioned in note 1 of the following guide. If it still won't uninstall you can remove all Apple components that will uninstall then use the steps in Install missing components to install everything apart from Apple Software Update.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Oct 13, 2017 6:32 AM in response to Musab Ahmed

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. With this particular error it may also help to pre-install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable.

tt2

Oct 27, 2017 3:38 AM in response to LordPalace

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator.

tt2

Jun 20, 2017 12:34 PM in response to Crusisx

Thank you Crusisx, this work, also, I tried to make it more simple to understand - thank you

FROM- CRUSISX

-here is what I did to fix the issue,

-Install Itunes like you normally would, admin rights etc..

-When you get the error message -"Itunes errors occurred during installation before itunes could be configured"

-DO NOT click finish, leave that folder up,

-now navigate to your AppData directory for example - C:\Users\this-part-is-YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\

(you may have to goto folder options in control panel and check the box, show hidden files to see AppData)

-inside AppData - click on Local

-inside Local - click on Temp

-You are now in C:\Users\this-part-is-YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp (my example C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp)

-inside Temp folder find a file called iTunes64Setup.log or iTunes32Setup1850.log,

-click to open that up and scroll down, look for these key things - "Executing: "C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe" /i "C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP593.tmp\iTunes64.msi" INSTALL_SUPPORT_PACKAGES=1"

-when you find the above line, look for the part after \Temp\ - in the example above, it is \IXP593.tmp\ - note this name

-Now, close window and back in the "Temp" folder look for a folder with the name you noted - IXP_ _ _.tmp

-(note- the folder you are looking for will have the date and time of your failed iTunes install)

-click on that folder and find a group of Apple installation packages,

-copy all of those files and paste either on your desktop or in a new folder on your desktop

-once done you can now click finish on the failed itunes installer,

-now on your desktop or in the folder you made, find and click on iTunes64.msi (or iTunes32 if it applies to your system)

-and run the installer, you should now have successfully of installed Itunes.

This solution is from Crusis, this worked for me on 6/20/17- i don't know why if works, but it did....

Jul 1, 2017 8:45 AM in response to DanHam1985

Old thread, but in case anyone is wondering, the simple fix is to right-click the itunes installer, and go to properties. Run it in compatibility mode for windows 7 and set to run as administrator. Worked for me, and I had to be creative because the other fix requires the local D drive which i stupidly deleted when I was trying to run a separate OS on my computer.

Jul 12, 2017 10:40 AM in response to Crusisx

This is the ONLY thing I could get to install iTunes on my laptop with Windows 10. I had already had windows completely updated, tried uninstalling anything apple related, rebooting, disabling virus protection, etc. This method was the only work around. THANK YOU SO MUCH. This should be included with apple's suggestions as an "if all else fails" work around!

Jul 27, 2017 8:21 AM in response to DanHam1985

Worked like a charm once I understood what I needed to do. Essentially don't finish failed install till you copy the temporary install folder to an alternate location (as in folder on your desktop) because the failed install will delete install files. Wherever you copied the install files to (i.e. your desktop) you will find the install exe and can then run the install and VIOLA!, it works! THANKS!!!

Aug 2, 2017 5:32 PM in response to DanHam1985

Thank you so much. I was able to pin down the issue to AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi

I followed further instructions from http://www.keyables.com/2015/09/solved-how-to-fix-applesoftwareupdatems.html

1. Win key + R

2. Regedit

3. View => Find

4. applesoftwareupdate

5. Delete parent folder of "SourceList" in which file is found

6. Run AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi

7. Run iTunes64.msi

After two months struggle I resolved the issue

Aug 21, 2017 6:45 AM in response to caferider

I didn't suggest it was irrelevant, just unlikely to help the particular person your post was addressed to since they made their post four years ago about iTunes 11.1.1. It was an observation rather than a criticism. It can be more productive to help with threads that are currently active. Running the iTunes installer as the administrator often helps, but I also know that it isn't always sufficient to get iTunes for Windows working, and I was sharing that knowledge with you. 🙂

tt2

Itunes 11.1.1 Errors occurred during installation...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.