Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text stuck on desktop

Hello:

After having been on the website www.EMUEagleOne.com, the text "Welcome to EMUEagleOne.com" got stuck on my desktop. It shows on top of any window that is open if that windows is moved "over" the text location (in fact, the text is over the window). Being rather new to iMAc, I have no idea how this happened.

Would anyone know what I can do to try to get rid of this text? [Mountain Lion]

Thanks/Hans L

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 9:13 AM

Log out and log back in. If there's no change, reboot.

9 replies

Oct 8, 2013 8:52 AM in response to Linc Davis

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

On top, you can see the text "Welcome to EMUEagleOne.com" stuck on the screen (wallpaper).

In the middle, you can see Safari in default position, and how the text "Welcome to EMUEagleOne.com" covers the address field.

At the bottom, you can see another screen (Help screen, arbitrarily chosen), which shows how the text "Welcome to EMUEagleOne.com" shows up on top of that screen.

What is a greenhorn to do? :-)

Hans L

Mar 5, 2015 12:35 AM in response to Hans L

I have this problem too, and like you said either rebooting or logging in/out solves the issue. My issue, I think, stems from Apple Mail, and it's happened multiple times, although I seem to remember one of the web browsers, either Safari or Chrome, doing the same thing with a website address once. It appears that if an email address or a website is highlighted and isn't closed properly, it turns into a grey rectangle and sticks to the screen. I almost caused this to happen onscreen once (I got the little grey rectangular box around the text of the email address, with a little grabby hand next to it, it didn't stick) but usually it happens without my noticing it at first. It would be nice to know what's causing it. The bug is very irritating. I've run into it several times in the last week, and it's quite a small but persistent pain!

Text stuck on desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.