Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird iOS 7 wifi problem

I have an iPhone 5 and can't connect to my home network even though my iPhone says I'm connected with a strong signal. To get a connection I have to turn off wifi and use cellular. My iPad has iOS 7 and has no problem connecting to my network. My wifi connected printer and iMac also work fine.

When I go to Starbucks I can get a good wifi connection on my iPhone.

Only on my home network and only my iPhone can't connect to wifi. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 11:56 AM

5 replies

Oct 6, 2013 12:35 PM in response to Brentmeister

• Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected and tap User uploaded file.
    2. If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, you may not be able to access the Internet.
  • If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
    • If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
    • If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
      • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
      • recently used Bluetooth accessories
      • VPN and APN settings

Oct 6, 2013 2:05 PM in response to Brentmeister

Each device that accesses the internet on your home network will have a different IP address. The router itself assigns ip addresses to the devices. Next I would try powering down your router and resettig the network settings on the phone again. After this I bet you will have a connection.

One more thing though. Does your IP address begin with 169.254? If so then your router isn't asssigning IP addresses and you have a more complicated issue.

Weird iOS 7 wifi problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.