Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does apple force group messaging on us?

When I receive a group message I don't even know anymore it comes only from the person who sent it. Then before you know it your getting texts from many people you don't know. Then I cannot even respond to my friend for what seems like the rest of the day without it going to everyone else in the group text. Since this annoys me greatly I won't do it. I then have to call that friend if I want to respond only to him. When it's a friend the conversation usually starts with don't send me any group texts ever again but if it family it is not as easy to say. In addition to this now when you send a text to someone for the first time the text bar stays up top as if I want to add more people. Why would it not go down to the message so I don't have to press an additional button to type my message. Please tell me who sends more group texts than individual texts because I seriously doubt that anyone is doing it more than ten percent of the time and why would the phone be set up for something that people only do a small percentage of the time. Honestly I feel like this needs to be fixed or loyal customers like myself who own nearly every product apple have to offer are doing to stop buying apple products because of ridiculous feature mistake like this.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 11:45 AM

4 replies

Oct 6, 2013 1:31 PM in response to Dotheratchet

I rarely receive group messages. But when I did on my LG Touch, I wouldn't of known it until other people replied to the message.

This isn't the case with my iPhone 5, whenever I receive a group message. I can see that it was sent to other people. Whether they are in my contact list or not. So I either see phone numbers, not in contact list, or people's names, who are in my contact list.

If I recall correctly, I have to enable this feature. Which if I did, it was way back when iOS 5 came out. I did that on my iPod touch 3rd gen. Now that I have an iPhone 5, all those settings transferred over.

Anyways, check out Settings---> Messages---> Group Messaging---> On. That is where my setting is at.

KOT

Why does apple force group messaging on us?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.