Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5c scratches on back plastic only have had since oct3 not rough on it!? Anyone else?

Anyone else have a brand new iPhone 5c and already have scratches on it

I don't have a case but I'm gentle on my phone it is in my hand or in my soft purse pocket

Why is it scratching already I upgraded from a 5 I'm thinking that was a bad choice

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.2, Green

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 1:33 PM

22 replies

Oct 6, 2013 1:53 PM in response to Whyonearth

Thanks for not answering the question and being judgemental

I was asking if anyone experienced scratches as well on brand new phones

Thought apple said it was excellent plastic and guess they were wrong

I don't like the cases apple sells and Calgary has a limited supple of 5c phone cases

Unless you like black or clear and yes the pocket it goes in is soft nothing sharp

Oct 6, 2013 6:16 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

This Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”); (g) to an Apple Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Apple Product, or (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Apple Product.

Oct 6, 2013 6:16 PM in response to imobl

This Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”); (g) to an Apple Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Apple Product, or (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Apple Product.

Oct 6, 2013 6:16 PM in response to Whyonearth

Dec 9, 2013 2:32 PM in response to Whyonearth

I know I'm alittle late but I had the same problem, my first 5c was scratched in days and I had it replace for the screen being loose and that one got scratched before I left the store because I stupidly slid it across the counter. I now have a case and screen protector. My sisters iphone 5c is also scratched, it's the kind of scratches you can only see when you are looking for them I think when they said it was scratch resistant they meant deep scratches but it does scratch easily in my experience.

Apr 9, 2014 1:41 PM in response to Gabbyandbella29

iPhone 5's are the worst screens I've ever seen in my life! I've had the phone for 5 minutes and it's been scratched to ****. I've read the info on the screens being military grade and the newest technology well clearly MY PHONE was a test model from the early days becasue it's horrible. I had a screen protector (which also do not work) and I put the phone down on a flat, plastic top desk, nothing under it, etc. 2 minutes later when I turned the phone over it had a huge scratch across the NEW screen protector. So I pulled off the protector to find that this magical scratch actually made it directly to the screen as well! Ridiculous! I've been so disappointed with the apple screen I'm almost tempted to get a new phone. As much as I love the iphone functionality this screen business is a JOKE! Had I read something about their screens being tissue paper like before hand I would never have got an iphone. This frustrates me more than anything.

May 29, 2014 3:18 PM in response to Whyonearth

I am also had the same experience

Upgraded from iphone 4 and bought blue 5C on 28 may

And treat my phone so gentle never put it on rough surface

& only put it on my pocket alone with nothing else

After a day i checked the back cover under bright light

And it has a lot of scratches, so ****** off

Regulary i dont like using a case on my iphone

But now i have to use a case, dissapointing

Iphone 5c scratches on back plastic only have had since oct3 not rough on it!? Anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.